Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a number of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes immediately. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai coconut chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai coconut chicken curry using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Get 1 lb of chicken breast or thigh, chopped into small chunks or whole chicken pieces.
- Get 3 of potatoes, chopped into chunks.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh coriander for garnish.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Madras curry powder.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of onion minced or diced.
- Prepare 1 of red bell pepper diced.
- Get 5 clove of garlic minced.
- You need 1 of ginger, thumb-sized, grated.
- Use 1/2 cup of chicken stock.
- Use 1 1/2 tbsp of tomato puree or ketchup.
- Use 1 can of thick coconut milk or cream.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Get 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Get 2 tbsp of vegetable oil for frying.
Steps to make Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Place wok over medium-high heat. Add curry powder, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, and cayenne. Dry fry for 1-2 mins until lightly toasted and fragrant..
- Add 2 Tbsp. oil, plus the onions, red pepper, garlic, and ginger. Also add a few Tbsp. of the chicken stock – enough to keep ingredient frying nicely. Stir-fry 1 minute..
- Add the chicken and potatoes, stir-frying 1 minute to coat with the spices..
- Add remaining stock plus ketchup, stirring well to combine. Finally, add the coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar..
- Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes or until cooked..
- When chicken is cooked and tender, taste-test the curry for saltiness and flavor, adding more fish sauce as needed until desired flavor/salt level is achieved. Also add more cayenne, chili sauce, or fresh-cut chilies if you prefer it spicier. If it's too spicy, add more coconut milk or a little plain yogurt. Add a little more sugar if it's too sour for your taste..
- Sprinkle coriander and enjoy with rice!.
If you find this Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.