Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect authentic Indian chicken curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to authentic Indian chicken curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are many illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. People typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin since it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat lots of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of consuming crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to authentic indian chicken curry recipe. You can cook authentic indian chicken curry using 16 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make authentic Indian chicken curry:
- You need 1 of kilogram chicken.
- You need 5 of onion.
- Provide 6 clove of garlic.
- Take 2 tbsp of ginger.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomatoe puree.
- Use 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- Take 1 tbsp of ground black pepper.
- Use 3 tbsp of natural yogurt.
- Prepare 1 bunch of freash coriander.
- Get 3 cup of water.
- Use 3 tbsp of ghee or vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Get 2 tbsp of salt.
- Get 4 of green chillies or to your taste.
Steps to make authentic Indian chicken curry:
- add the ghee or vegetable oil to a large pan on a medium heat.
- add the cumin seeds and wait till they start popping.
- add the 5 chopped onions and the salt to the pan and cook the onions till they have softened.
- after the onions have softened add the finally chopped ginger and garlic and the green chillies cook for a further 5 minutes.
- than add the freash chopped tomatoes and the tomato puree and cook for 10 minutes untill the tomatoes have softened.
- after the tomatoes have softened and most of the liquid has evaporated then add the 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt to the pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- than add the black pepper, garam masala, and turmaric powder to the pan and cook for 3 minutes..
- now add the chicken and stir fry until chicken is half cooked..
- after the chicken is half cooked add the 3 cups if water and simmer for 1 and a half hour or untill the sauce is nice and thick but keep stirring from time to time..
- after the chicken curry is cooked add the freash chopped coriander stir through..
- now the chicken curry is ready and can be served with rice, naan, chappatti and a nice raita on the side..
- you can do this with lamb or beef to.
If you find this authentic Indian chicken curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.