Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything immediately or that you should entirely eliminate certain foods from your diet. Even more crucial than entirely changing your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate in the past.
As you can see, it’s easy to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to indian-style vegetarian fried rice recipe. To cook indian-style vegetarian fried rice you only need 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice:
- Provide 3 cup of basmati rice, uncooked.
- Get 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 of large carrots, diced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of black mustard seed.
- Take 1/2 cup of peanuts.
- Take 1/2 cup of cashew nuts, bits and halves.
- Take 1/2 cup of moong dal.
- Use 1/2 cup of desi channa dal.
- Use 3 of Indian red chilis, dried and broken up.
- Provide 2 of medium Indian green chilis.
- Take 2 of small Indian green chilis.
- Use 2 tsp of salt.
- Get 1 handful of curry leaves, chiffonade.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of asafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cardamon pods, green and bruised.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Get 1 cup of green peas.
- Take 2 handfuls of cilantro, chopped.
Instructions to make Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice:
- OK, cook the basmati rice. It's two to 1, people. Two cups water for every cup of basmati. So, 3 cups rice means 6 cups water, equaling 6 cups cooked. Set aside in open air to cool and dry a bit..
- Melt the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil into a large wok on low. If you don't have one, you should get one as it is super versatile pan..
- Toss in the carrots and mustard seeds, and let that simmer until the seeds start to crackle a little..
- Ok, now toss in the nuts and dals. Let those toast (not burn; be careful) stirring intermittently another 5 minutes, and then toss in the chilis and salt..
- Now let's make it interesting and add the curry leaves, turmeric, cumin, ginger, asafoetida, and bruised green cardamon. Note: Curry powder is a totally different thing; don't use it here. Also Note: Cardamon pods are barely edible, so you may want to pick them out after they've simmered a while, if that's the way you roll. Simmer for a couple of minutes..
- Now add in the ghee and peas and simmer for another 3 minutes or so..
- Mix in the rice! Try to get it mixed thoroughly with gentle hands and only as much as necessary. You aren't out to make rice paste..
- Now add in the cilantro (gentle hands), add more salt as needed to taste, and serve. Note: In fried rice, salt has a way of taking a few minutes to really bloom. As such, you may accidentally add more salt when you should have waited a moment for it to integrate, thereby making it salty. Don't be that guy; be patient..
If you find this Indian-Style Vegetarian Fried Rice recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.