Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snack foods.
We all know that eating healthy snacks can help us really feel better within our bodies. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have so many options. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
While searching for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. As a snack, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. It contains tons of calcium, healthy proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is often eaten to help manage the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Try including some nutritious nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to reduce sugar while still enjoying a tasty snack.
There are lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn curry (ambot tik) recipe. To make goan prawn curry (ambot tik) you only need 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Get 250 gms of Prawns fresh or frozen.
- Use 1/4 cup of coconut grated.
- Take 1 cup of coconut milk (1st extract).
- Take 8-10 of Kashmiri red chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of pepper corn.
- Take 1 tbsp of Cumin.
- Take 1 tbsp of Coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- You need 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 4 tbsp of refined oil. You can also use coconut oil if you prefer.
- Get 1/2 inch of grated ginger.
- Use Bunch of curry leaves.
- You need of Ball sized tamarind.
- Provide 1/2 cup of chopped onions.
- Get 1 cup of chopped tomatoes.
- Use to taste of Salt.
Steps to make Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik):
- Wash and clean the prawns. If using frozen ones, then soak the prawns in water for about 15 mins, to defrost. Then wash them at least once or twice. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add coconut, Kashmiri red chilli, peppercorns, cumin, coriander, turmeric, tamarind, garlic, coconut milk and blend into a smooth paste..
- Add 4 tbsps of oil to a pan, once heated add in the curry leaves. Chopped onions, ginger and sauté over medium heat, until the onions turn translucent..
- Then add in the chopped tomatoes and salt. Sauté until the tomatoes turn mushy..
- Then add the masala paste and fry it, till the raw smell goes off and the oil starts leaving the sides..
- In goes the cleaned prawns. Add a lil water and let it cook on sim, till the prawns are cooked. Prawns takes very little time to cook, max 5 mins. Once they curl inwards, they are cooked..
- Serve with hot steamed rice and you have one soul satisfying meal on your plate..
If you find this Goan prawn curry (Ambot tik) recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.