Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Chickpea Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably purchase many food items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. You can have chickpea curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea Curry:
- Use 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Use 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Take Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- Provide 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- Take 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- Use 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- Use Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Provide 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- You need 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- Use 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- Provide 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- Get 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Provide of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- Provide of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- Use of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.