Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan Mackerel Curry / Bangda Uddamethi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan Mackerel Curry / Bangda Uddamethi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
We all know that eating healthy meals can help us really feel better inside our bodies. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our daily allowance of healthy foods and decrease our consumption of junk foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. This can be a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a easy snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that additional boost you need to get going. When you need a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain foods is always much better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large selection of instant health snacks is easily available. Determining to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan mackerel curry / bangda uddamethi recipe. You can cook goan mackerel curry / bangda uddamethi using 13 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Goan Mackerel Curry / Bangda Uddamethi:
- Prepare 4 of Mackerel fish.
- Get 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of tamarind pulp.
- Provide 1-2 of kokum soaked in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Get 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Take 3 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Get 5-6 of Byadagi red chilli.
- You need 1 teaspoon of peppercorns.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Urad dal.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Fenugreek/ Methi seeds.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of raw rice grains.
Instructions to make Goan Mackerel Curry / Bangda Uddamethi:
- Marinate Mackerel with salt. Rest aside for 30 minutes.
- Dry roast red chillies, peppercorns, coriander seeds, turmeric until aromatic.
- Transfer the mixture to grinder.
- Dry roast coconut in the same pan until golden brown. Transfer the coconut to grinder.
- Dry roast Urad dal, rice, Fenugreek seeds until aromatic. Transfer the mixture to grinder.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon tamarind pulp, water and grind to smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in earthen vessel. Add onions and saute until golden brown.
- Add ground paste and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Add water as required. It should be sufficient enough to cover the fish.
- Add fish and gently mix.
- Add kokum with water to curry and gently mix.
- Bring curry to boil.
- Simmer, cover and cook for 6-7 minutes.
- Curry is done. Cover and rest aside for 30 minutes to allow flavours to set in. It's best to rest aside for 1 hour.
- Serve warm with hot steamed rice.
If you find this Goan Mackerel Curry / Bangda Uddamethi recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.