Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian curry pies recipe. You can cook vegetarian curry pies using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- Take of For the shortcrust pastry.
- Get 367 g of plain flour.
- Provide of Large pinch fine salt.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Use 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 4 TBSP of very cold water.
- Provide 180 g of cold unsalted butter, cubed.
- Use of For the filling.
- Use 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Provide 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- Get 3 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Use 15 g of fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of bird’s eye chillis, de seeded and diced.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of tumeric.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Get 400 g of sweet potato, cut into equal chunks.
- You need 150 g of red split lentils.
- Take 1/2 can of chickpeas drained.
- You need 800 ml of veg stock.
- Use 100 g of spinnach.
- Prepare 1/2-1 can of full fat coconut milk.
- Provide 80 g of sultanas.
Steps to make Vegetarian Curry Pies:
- First, make the filling. Heat the oil in a wide-based saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Add the onion and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for 1 minute, then add the spices and cook for a further minute..
- Turn up the heat to medium and add the sweet potato and sultanas, stirring well to coat in the spices. Yup in the lentils and most of the stock. You may not need all the stock so add a few ladles to start and see how well things get absorbed. Bring the liquid to the boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with lid and cook gently for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is tender..
- Stir in the coconut milk (again, a ladle at a time so it doesn’t become too liquidy. Add the chickpeas and spinach and gently stir in..
- Set this aside while you make the pastry. Have ready 4 individual non-stick pie dishes. Put the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl. Lightly beat the egg with the lemon juice and water in a jug and set aside..
- Add the butter and toss the cubes in the flour to coat. Rub the butter into the flour, using your fingertips. Lift your hands above the bowl, rubbing the fat and flour together then letting the mixture fall back into the bowl. Keep going until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs..
- Make a well in the centre of the mixture and pour in the egg mix. Incorporate the liquid into the flour/fat using a claw-like action with one had. Avoid overworking the dough. If too dry, a splash more water..
- When the dough just sticks together in clumps, form it into a ball. Knead it very lightly on a floured surface to bring it together into a smooth dough. Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes..
- Roll out two thirds of the dough to the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut out circles and press into the pie dishes to line completely. Take the remaining third of the pastry to roll out and cut out the lids. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C fan..
- To assemble the pies: spoon the curry filling into the pastry cases until level. Brush the edges of the pastry with water, place the pastry lid on top and press down. Using your thumbs and fingertips, seal the pastry together. Brush with beaten egg, make two slits in the lid to allow steam to escape and pop in the oven for 30 minutes or until nicely golden brown..
If you find this Vegetarian Curry Pies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.