Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cowpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cowpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. While you may already consume lots of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cowpea curry recipe. You can cook cowpea curry using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Cowpea Curry:
- Use 250 gms of Cowpea.
- Get 250 gms of Brinjal.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Get As needed of Salt.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Tamarind water.
- Use of Ingredients to grind.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Chana dal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 4-5 of Red chilli.
- Take 3 tbsp of Coconut.
- Prepare of Ingredients to temper.
- Get 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Use 1/4 tsp of Asafoetida.
- Get 1/4 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Get As required of Few Curry leaves.
Steps to make Cowpea Curry:
- Soak cowpea for 3 to 4 hours..
- Pressure cook soaked cowpea for 2 whistles..
- Grind the ingredients to a smooth paste..
- Cut brinjal into long pieces..
- Heat kadai and add the ingredients to temper..
- Add brinjal pieces and fry it..
- Pour tamarind water and allow to cook..
- Add the pressure cooked cowpea..
- Added needed salt and mix well. Allow to boil for 1 minute. Now healthy and simple cowpea curry is ready to serve..
If you find this Cowpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.