Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala style fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala style fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
You can get results without eliminating foods from your diet or make huge changes at once. Even more important than wholly changing your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not want to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style fish curry recipe. To make kerala style fish curry you need 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala style fish curry:
- Prepare 2 of Mackerel Big sized.
- Provide 7-8 of Shallots finely chopped.
- Provide 1 tsp of Ginger finely chopped.
- Use 6-8 cloves of Garlic.
- Take 3 of Green chilies slit.
- Prepare 1 of Tomatoes chopped small.
- Use 3-4 of Malabar tamarind.
- Prepare of Chilli powder.
- Provide of Turmeric powder.
- Take of Coriander powder.
- Get of Salt.
- Use of Mustard seeds.
- Take of Coconut oil.
- Use of Curry leaves 2 sprig.
Steps to make Kerala style fish curry:
- Wash and clean the mackerel and cut into 3 pieces including the head…..
- Marinate in 1tbsp chilli powder, turmeric and salt….let it rest for 1/2 hr.
- Soak the Malabar tamarind in 1/4up water.
- Heat an eartherware vessel add a tbsp of oil….once hot tip in mustard seeds and let it splutter..immediately add shallots,ginger,garlic,greenchillies and a sprig of curry leaves and saute till you get a nice aroma.
- Tip in a tbsp of chilli powder+1.5 tbsp coriander powder and saute for few secs……
- Pour 1.5cup of water once it comes to a boil add in Malabar tamarind along with it's water and few curry leaves and let the gravy cum to a rolling boil…. Now add the fish pieces and add salt……
- Put the flame to low and cook for 10mins closed, stirring in between till the gravy reduces a bit and becomes thick….finally juz before taking off from the flame pour a tsp of oil into the curry in a cicular manner through the sides of the pot and tip in rest of the remaining curry leaves.
- Keep it undisturbed for atleast an hour or more before serving…..This curry tastes best the next day……
If you find this Kerala style fish curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.