Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than before and rightfully so. There are many diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several simple changes.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be beneficial for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. It might be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai curry butternut squash soup recipe. To make thai curry butternut squash soup you only need 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup:
- Take 3 ounces of oil.
- Use 1 of each Vidalia onion-small dice.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic- chopped fine.
- You need 2 tablespoons of ginger- chopped fine.
- Prepare 1 of each butternut squash(about 2.5 pounds)-peeled,seeded and large dice.
- You need 6 of small carrots- small dice.
- You need 1 1/2 quarts of chicken stock.
- Take 1 can of coconut milk.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Provide to taste of salt and pepper.
Steps to make Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup:
- Peel,seed and cut the butternut squash in large chunks,dice carrots and onions to a small dice..
- In a pot add the oil and sweat the onions in the stock pot for 5-10 minutes covered Med heat until translucent..
- Add the chopped garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots,squash and chicken stock in pot with the onions and bring to a simmer for about 20 minutes..
- When the carrots and the butternut squash are tender the soup should be carefully purred in a blender or food processor. This should be done in small batches and covered with a towel as not to spray hot soup all over you..
- Return to the sauce pan and add 1 can of coconut milk and red curry paste and bring to a light simmer..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt, pepper and brown sugar..
- Some people like it spicy so add addition red curry paste or any other type of hot spicy ingredient that you like..
- We add fried onions and chopped bacon as a garnish.
If you find this Thai Curry Butternut Squash Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.