Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. Most people typically believe that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) recipe. To cook shrimp in coconut sauce (kerala style yellow shrimp curry) you only need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- Get 1/2 lb of shrimp peeled fresh raw small or medium size (about 15-20 medium size).
- Take 1 cup of plantain drumsticks raw (green) thinly sliced or.
- You need 1 inch of cut into pieces (Optional).
- Use 3 – 5 of green chillies fresh slit (use 3 if you want mild, 5 if you want hot).
- Provide 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (use 1/4 tsp if you want it really mild).
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsps of salt.
- Take 2 – 3 of small pieces of kodampuli (soaked in 1 tbsp hot water for about 10 minutes).
- Take 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1 cup of coconut freshly grated (or fresh frozen grated).
- You need 1 tbsp of red onions chopped.
- Get 1 cup of water warm.
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use one sprig of curry leaves fresh.
- Get 1 tbsp of red onions finely minced.
- Take 2 of chillies medium-sized dried red (torn in half).
Steps to make Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry):
- De-vein the shrimp and wash it nicely in cold water and place it in a nice medium size deep pot or vessel..
- To this pot, add the cut plantains or the drumstick pieces(if adding), green chillies, red chilli powder, turmeric, kodampuli (with the soaked water), salt and about 1/2 cup water..
- Keep this pot on the stove and once the water starts to boil, lower the heat to medium and cover the pan. Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes. Put the stove off and set aside..
- Now take the grated coconut – If you are using frozen grated coconut, thaw it first, either keeping it at room temperature for about an hour or by warming in a microwave oven for 30 seconds. Grind the coconut finely in a food processor or a blender with the 1 cup warm water along with the onions. The finer the texture of the ground coconut, the more delicious this curry will taste..
- Add the ground coconut paste to the cooked shrimp in the pot. Place on stove again and turn heat to low and allow the mixture inthe pot to simmer for about 2 minutes on medium flame. Do not let the coconut mixture boil. Then turn off the heat and keep aside..
- Lastly, take a small pan for doing the final tadka (oil garnish) and heat the coconut oil in it till you get the aroma. Then add the mustard seeds. When they start spluttering, add the red onions and as they begin t turn golden brown, add the curry leaves and the dried red chillies. Wait for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Add this oil mixture on top of the shrimp and coconut curry..
- Serve with steamed parboiled rice and / brown rice..
If you find this Shrimp in coconut sauce (Kerala style yellow shrimp Curry) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.