Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to change everything right away or that you should entirely do away with certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating selections. Soon enough, you will probably find that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Slowly, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will completely replace the way you ate before.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bisi bele bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe. You can have bisi bele bath (south indian spiced khichadi) using 36 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi):
- Get of For bisi bele bhath powder.
- Provide 4 tbs of coriander seeds.
- Use 4 tbs of chana daal.
- Provide 1 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbs of urad daal.
- Get 10-15 of byadagi red cilli.
- You need 1 tsp of jeera.
- Take 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 3 of green cardamom.
- Take 1 inch of long cinnamon stick.
- Use 3-4 of cloves.
- Use 2 tsp of poppy seeds.
- Get 1/4 tsp of methi seeds.
- Prepare 10-12 of curry leaves.
- You need 3 tsp of dry coconut.
- Get 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- Take of For bhath.
- Take 1/2 cup of sona masuri rice.
- Use 1/2 cup of tuar daal.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of green pea.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped french beans.
- You need 1 of potato cut into cubes.
- Use 1 of big carrot chopped.
- Get 1/2 cup of kath gobhi.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion.
- You need 2 tbs of green coriander leaves.
- Take 1 tbs of tamarind pulp.
- Prepare 1 tbs of jaggery.
- Take 1 tbs of freshly grated coconut.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Get of For seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Take 5-6 of curry leaves.
- Use 2 of dry red chillies.
- Provide 10-15 of cashews.
- Get 2 tbs of ghee.
Instructions to make Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi):
- For bisi bele bath powder :Dry roast the coriander, cumin and fenugreek, chanadal, urad dal until they start turning fragrant. To the same dry roast sesame seeds, poppy seeds, curry leaves untill they become crispy, keep them aside.
- Further more in same pan dry roast cinnamon, clove, black pepper, Cardamom, till they become aromat keep them aside. Also dry roast red chillies, dry coconut, till it become golden, allow the spices to cool down. Grind them to a fine powder,add hing powder, mix well your bisi bele masala is ready, keep this powder in air tight container..
- For bisi bele bhat: Wash and soak the rice for 30min. In the water.
- Add salt and keep on the stove top and cook the rice. No need to cover the pan with lid..
- Simmer till the rice grain cooked well. Cover and keep it aside..
- In Pressure cooker add rinsed tuar daal, turmeric powder and 2 cups water. Pressure cooker the daal for on hight flame for 8 to 10 whistle.once pressure cooker settle down on it's own, mash the dal and keep aside.
- In another pan, add chopped veggies, and peanuts, salt pour 2 cups of water and stir. Cover and allow the veggies to cook till they are tender and cooked well,yet retain their shape..
- Now in cooker with mashed daal, add the cooked rice, then add cooked veggies along with it's stock.stir lighty..
- Now add 1/2cup water, tamarind pulp, 1 tbs jaggery, mix everything well taking care rice grains do not break.
- In another bowl add 3 tbs bisi bele bhat masala (that we had made earlier) and 1/2 cup water mix well. Add this masala water mixture in the cooker,.
- Add grated coconut and salt. Stir well.
- Keep the cooker without the lid on stove top and simmer on the low flame for about 20 – 25 min. Add more water if required, keep on stirring offen, raw aroma of tamarind has to go away and all flavor should be blended well. Cover and keep aside once done..
- Tempering bisi bele bath : in tadka pan heat ghee. Crackle the mustard seeds then temper the curry leaves,dry red chilli asafoetida, cashews..
- Pour this tempering in the prepared bisi bele bath, stir and cover the cooker with lid for about 5 min. So that tempering flavors infused in the bisi bele bath..
- Serve hot with khara bundi..
If you find this Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.