Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Red Pepper Fish Stew recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Red Pepper Fish Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Pepper Fish Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also good for your skin. While you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to red pepper fish stew recipe. To cook red pepper fish stew you only need 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Red Pepper Fish Stew:
- Provide of Red Snapper (or any boned fish) sliced 4/5cm thick.
- Get of Red Palm Oil.
- Get of vegetable oil.
- You need of scotch bonnet peppers.
- Provide of onion, chopped.
- Take of red bell pepper.
- Prepare of fresh tomatos.
- Get of chopped tomatos.
- Provide of All purpose seasoning.
- Use of Hot Curry Powder.
- Take of salt.
- Provide of Maggi Cubes.
- Get of Fish Seasoning.
- Get of large cup of water.
- You need of white rice.
- Use of plantain.
Steps to make Red Pepper Fish Stew:
- Blend tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 onion, 2 scotch bonnets & red bell pepper until smooth and set aside.
- Add water to a pot, with fish seasoning (alongside any other seasoning, to taste) and boil for 4-5 minutes, remove the fish and place aside but keep water..
- In a large pot, on high heat, add vegetable oil, alongside with chopped fresh tomatoes and onion..
- Lower heat and add red palm oil along with 1 Maggi cube and hot curry powder and all purpose seasoning, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the pot back on high heat and cook on a high heat for a further 5 minutes, stirring frequently..
- (Be careful) add blended peppers to the pot and keep on a high heat and cook for a further 20 minutes, half way, add the rest of the curry powder, all purpose seasoning and the other Maggi cube, also add a pinch of salt and boil..
- Whilst the pot is boiling, place the boiled fish on a tray, season, and bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes.
- Add the remaining water that the fish was boiled in and simmer for a further 10 minutes, stirring. (At this point you can taste the stew and add any additional seasoning to taste).
- Remove the fish from the oven and place inside the stew and simmer on a very low heat for a further 10 minutes, cover the pot with a lid during this time..
- Serve with white rice and plantain and enjoy!.
If you find this Red Pepper Fish Stew recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.