Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Prawns kofta curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawns kofta curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawns kofta curry recipe. To make prawns kofta curry you only need 18 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Prawns kofta curry:
- Use of for koftas.
- Provide 250 gram of prawns.
- Get Half of teaspoon of turmeric.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- You need of for red paste.
- Prepare 200 grams of coriander seeds.
- Take 4 of dried red chillies.
- Take of For green paste.
- Prepare 10 of garlic cloves.
- Provide 1 inch of Ginger.
- Prepare 1 of green chilli.
- Provide 1 cup of coriander.
- Get of For curry.
- Take 2 of large onions.
- Take 2 of two large tomatoes.
- Take 1 tablespoon of garam masala.
- Take 200 ml of coconut milk.
Instructions to make Prawns kofta curry:
- Before we begin it's easier if we first get the the paste/chutneys ready..
- For green chutney grind garlic cloves Ginger green chilli and coriander and make a thick paste..
- To make the red chutney we first have to soak in the coriander seeds and red chillies for couple of hours and then grind it in the mixer. The first photo is an old one and the quantity is less. I'm using it here for reference..
- Now make the onion tomato puree. Grind onion and tomato together in a mixer and make a paste.
- Now let's make the koftas. For that grind the prawns in a mixer. Do not make a fine paste. Add 2 tablespoon of green chutney to the praws mixture. Also add turmeric. red chilli powder and salt and mix well. As shown in the second picture, now keep aside 1 tablespoon of this mixture for the curry. To the rest of the mixture Add one or two tablespoon of corn flour and mix well.
- Now to fry the mixture into koftas balls – Take a kadhai for deep frying. Heat oil in it. The prawns mixture is little sticky and it is difficult to make round balls so here you take a teaspoon of the mixture and release it in the kadai for frying. Once the koftas are fried, we move to making the curry.
- For curry, heat 3 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Add the onion tomato paste in it and mix well. Try this paste for 2 minutes and immediately add green chilli paste red chilli paste and the one tablespoon of prawns mixture. Add one tablespoon of garam masala. And salt to taste. Fry this paste well for the next 5 mins and close the lid..
- Next add a two glasses of water. Close the pan lid and let it boil for another 5 mins. Cook this on a medium flame.
- For coconut milk you can either buy directly from the store or you can prepare it from a grated coconut. All you have to do is grind the grated coconut in a mixer with good amount of water and then strain the mixture to get the coconut milk..
- Finally add coconut milk and mix well. After a minute or two add the koftas and close the pan lid for another 5 mins. Cook this on a slow flame.
- Our prawns kofta curry is ready. Serve with rice and naan/roti.
If you find this Prawns kofta curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.