Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Although we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already consume a great deal of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian lentil curry recipe. You can cook vegetarian lentil curry using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- Use 180 g of lentils, soaked overnight (slightly less than a cup).
- You need 1 of large onion, sliced thin.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of thumb-sized chunk fresh ginger, minced.
- Prepare 1 of large potato, cubed.
- Take 1 of medium carrot, cubed.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of curry powder (I used Madras curry powder. Add up to 1 Tbsp more for very spicy curry).
- Get 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 1 of Cinnamon stick (optional, gives it a nice accent).
- Provide 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Use of Chives or cilantro to finish.
Instructions to make Vegetarian Lentil Curry:
- If time permits, soak lentils in plenty of water for a few hours. Cube the potato and carrot, and cut onion into thin slices. Mince the garlic and ginger..
- Heat oil in a deep sauce pan or pot. Add the onions, minced garlic and ginger and sauté on medium low until soft and starting to turn golden (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add 1 tablespoon curry powder (add 1/2 to 1 Tablespoon more for extra so iciness) and stir in for 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add 1 tablespoon tomato paste and mix in with onions and spices..
- Add the lentils, potatoes, carrots and cinnamon stick (if using) to the pan. Pour in enough water (I use the water from soaking lentils) or vegetable broth to completely cover the lentils & veggies..
- Bring everything to a boil then turn to low heat. Cover with lid and simmer for 30-45 until soft..
- When lentils are soft, mix in 1/2 tsp salt, taste and add more if needed. I added 1 tsp in total. Fold in some chopped chives or cilantro and serve with steamed rice or Indian bread like naan..
If you find this Vegetarian Lentil Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.