Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making several small changes.
You can get results without having to remove foods from your diet or make considerable changes immediately. Even more important than totally modifying your diet is just substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. Soon enough, you will find that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry puff (basic pastry) recipe. To make curry puff (basic pastry) you need 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Provide of Curry Puff Filling.
- Provide of peeled & finely diced potatoes.
- Prepare of minced chicken.
- Provide of finely chopped brown/yellow onion.
- You need of finely minced/chopped garlic.
- You need of chili powder.
- Get of meat curry powder (Baba's).
- Take of KEEN'S curry powder (see pic – optional).
- Provide of chicken seasoning powder.
- Take of Salt.
- Take of Pepper.
- You need of Peanut/vegetable oil (cooking).
- Prepare of Curry Puff Skin.
- You need of plain flour.
- Prepare of rice flour.
- Get of tapioca flour.
- You need of margarine/butter.
- Prepare of water.
- Use of Oil for frying.
Steps to make Curry Puff (Basic Pastry):
- Curry Puff Filling – Heat up wok over medium high heat and pour enough oil to cook curry puff filling. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add finely diced potato and minced chicken. Cook and stir over medium high heat. Add chilli & curry powder. Add the remaining ingredients and keep stirring. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly. Simmer until lightly dry and potatoes are soft. Turn off the heat & leave aside to cool..
- Curry puff skin – Rubbing method. Rub plain flour, rice flour, tapioca flour & butter until well mixed & resemble bread crumbs. Then add water in few additions, stop adding water once you have pliable dough. Avoid over knead the pastry. Roll out dough into desired thickness (3mm thick) and then cut into round shape. Wrap up the filling & fold into the shape of curry puff. Pinch the edge of curry puff & twist it to seal (We use curry puff mould)..
- Tip for step 2 👉🏻 Use food processor instead of the rubbing method. Just pulse the dry ingredients and butter for curry puff skin until it resembles bread crumbs. Then, add enough water to form a pliable dough..
- Heat up oil for deep frying. (Always use enough oil for frying so you ll have crispy curry puffs). Deep fry until golden brown. We usually make these in big batch. We Half bake them & leave them to cool completely before refrigerate. Fry the next day or after. Alternatively these puffs can be stored in the freezer and last for months. Just half bake them, always leave them to cool completely before storing, in the fridge or freezer. No thawing needed when frying the ones from the freezer..
If you find this Curry Puff (Basic Pastry) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.