Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Energy.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in the way we feel. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while decreasing the intake of unhealthy ones plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A salad tends to make us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Finding snack foods that really help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Healthy foods made from whole grains are great for a easy snack. A slice of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the early morning. Eating on the run can easily be more healthy with wholesome chips and crackers. Make the change from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain alternatives.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai style red chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai style red chicken curry using 26 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Take 500 gms of Chicken pieces (I use some boneless and some bone in).
- Take 1 of big Potato.
- Take 1 of big Carrot.
- Use 2 of chopped Onion.
- Take 4-5 of chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 inch of chopped Galangal/Ginger.
- Get 1-2 of chopped fresh red Chilli.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
- You need 400 ml of Coconut milk (I used can).
- Get 3 tablespoons of Cooking oil.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of red Curry paste.
- Take As required of Spring onion, Mint leaves to garnish.
- Prepare for of Red curry paste–.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Ginger-Garlic paste.
- Get 2 sticks of Lemon grass(if not available add 1 lemon leave).
- Take 5-6 of dry red Chillies (soaked for an hour with hot water).
- You need 5-6 of stock of Coriander stem (optional, I didn't use).
- Get 1 of Zest of Lemon.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Lemon juice.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Sugar.
- Use 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Curry powder/Coriander powder.
Instructions to make Thai Style Red Chicken Curry:
- Soak 5-6 red chilli in hot water for an hour..
- Chop lemon grass in small pieces. If you don't get them use chopped fresh lemon leave..
- To make curry paste take a grinder jar and add in soaked red chillies, ginger-garlic paste, lemon grass,lemon zest, cumin powder, curry powder/coriander powder, sugar, salt and lemon juice..
- Grind to a smooth paste with little water. Keep aside. If you like you can also add some chopped coriander stem during grinding. I personally don't like it's taste and hence didn't add..
- Take 500 g chicken. I used both bone in and some boneless. You can use only boneless pieces if you like. Chicken with bone gives more flavour to the dish..
- I also used some veggies like potato and carrot. You can skip using them or you can use other veggies also you like. I used carrot as it's sweetness help to balance the pungency of the curry..
- Heat a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of cooking oil. Saute chopped ginger-garlic and red chilli for 15-20 seconds..
- Add in chopped onion and cook until they become soft..
- Now add in prepared red curry paste and stir well to fry for 2 minutes. Your kitchen will fill with aroma of lemon grass..
- Add in 2 tablespoons of water to prevent the spices from burning..
- Add in chicken pieces, stir well to mix..
- Also add in the potato and carrot pieces, cumin powder, curry powder, turmeric powder and salt..
- Stir well so that everything incorporates nicely and then add in 2 cups of hot water..
- Cover and cook in medium heat for 30 minutes or until chicken and veggies cook completely..
- Open unshaken can of coconut milk. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of thick coconut cream from the top to garnish.Keep aside..
- When chicken and veggies cook completely, add in the coconut milk to the curry. Keep flame in low heat so that milk doesn't curdle in hot curry..
- Cook the curry in medium heat for further 5 minutes to come to a boil. Adjust seasoning. The taste should be pungent with slight sweetness. Remove from heat..
- Transfer to serving bowl, garnish with coconut cream, spring onion and mint leaves..
- Serve with some thai jesmine rice..
If you find this Thai Style Red Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.