Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Cabbage moong dal recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cabbage moong dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cabbage moong dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically believe that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you probably buy lots of items out of habit. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it has. A superb healthy option can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one small change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cabbage moong dal recipe. You can have cabbage moong dal using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Cabbage moong dal:
- Provide 1 cup of cabbage (finely chopped).
- Use 6 tbsp of moong dal.
- Take 2 tbsp of coconut.
- Take 1 tsp of whole jeera/cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 2 of green chillies.
- Get 1 of small tomato.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sambhar powder.
- Take 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of oil.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Get pinch of Asafoetida.
- Provide 2 tsp of curry leaves.
Instructions to make Cabbage moong dal:
- Finely chop cabbage. in pressure cooker add dal, tomato, turmeric green chillies,1/2 TSP cumin and water. Leave for 3 whistle and remove from cooker. I used pressure cooker separator to cook dal and cabbage separately..
- Once done, drain water from cabbage. And keep it aside.
- In a separate pan, add oil and mustard seed, cumin asofoetida, curry leaves..
- Now add cabbage and dal together. Mix all together adjust salt to taste.
- Add sambar powder and cumin powder to the above dal. Add grinded coconut to give extra taste the dal.
- Once all combine, switch off the flame. Cabbage moong dal is ready to serve with hot rice..
If you find this Cabbage moong dal recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.