Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Kerala Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically think that healthy diets require a lot of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These types of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala fish curry recipe. You can cook kerala fish curry using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Fish Curry:
- Take 1 of pomfret fish, cut into 3 pieces.
- Provide 1 cup of thick coconut milk.
- Use 1/2 cup of thin coconut milk.
- Take 2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of garlic, chopped.
- Use 2-3 of green chilies.
- You need 1-2 sprig of curry leaves.
- Get 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Prepare 1tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, chopped.
- Take 1-2 tablespoon of coriander leaves, chopped.
Steps to make Kerala Fish Curry:
- Heat oil in a pan and temper with mustard seeds. After it stops spluttering, add the garlic and saute till they changes colour..
- Add the onion, curry leaves and green chilies. Fry till the onions turns translucent..
- Then add all the dry spices and mix well..
- Add the tomatoes and fry till it is mashed..
- Add the thin coconut milk and the fish. Cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes..
- Lastly add the thick coconut milk and bring it to a boil. Switch off the flame and add the coriander leaves..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Kerala Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.