Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are many health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It may be that you already feel that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian thai green curry recipe. You can cook vegetarian thai green curry using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Provide 1-2 tbsp of green curry paste.
- Use 400 ml of tin coconut milk.
- Take 3-4 of kaffir lime leaves (tear in half and take the middle wooden bit off).
- Use 2-3 tbsp of Thai fish sauce or soy sauce (vegan).
- You need 1-2 tbsp of palm sugar (brown sugar).
- Prepare 1-2 handful of basil leaves.
- Provide 1 tin of bamboo shoots.
- Prepare 1 of aubergine (chopped into bite size).
- Prepare 1-2 of big red chilli (thinly slices).
- Prepare 1 block of tofu (optional).
- Get of Seasonal vegetables of your choice – it can be brussel sprouts, sweetheart cabbage, green beans, carrots. All chopped into bite size.
- Get of To serve – Thai jasmine rice or with rice noodles.
Steps to make Vegetarian Thai green curry:
- Heat a couple tbsps of coconut milk in a saucepan over a meduim-high heat until coconut milk starts to bubbly. Add the green curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, or until fragrant..
- Add another 2-3 tbsp of coconut milk, fish sauce (or soy sauce) and sugar and stir well then reduce the heat until the mixture is simmering. Add your vegetables start with hard vegetable first ie. carrots, cabbage, brussel sprouts, green bean and bamboo shoots..
- Add some more coconut milk and continue to simmer for 8-10 minutes until you see gorgeous green oil separated from the coconut milk a little bit..
- Add the rest of the coconut milk in. I normally add some water about half of tin coconut into the saucepan too. Taste your sauce, it should be salty, sweet, nutty and spicy..
- Stir occasionally then add some basil leaves at the last minute and stir well..
- To serve, spoon your jasmine rice into four serving bowls, then ladle over the vegetarian Thai green curry..
If you find this Vegetarian Thai green curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.