Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of wellness. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more wholesome feeling. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a portion of pizza. Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Finding goodies that will help us feel better and increase our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that additional boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Deciding on whole grain food items is always much better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large selection of quick health snacks is easily available. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou recipe. You can cook chickpea and spinach curry #newyearnewyou using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- You need 2 tins of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Take 1 tin of plum tomatoes.
- Get 6 blocks of frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed to release excess water) or 2 large handfuls fresh spinach, torn into pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Nigella seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 of Cinnamon stick.
- Use 4 of Cardamom pods, lightly crushed.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground Coriander.
- Take 2 tsp of ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Tumeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground Ginger.
- Use 3 of fat cloves Garlic, crushed.
- Use 2 of onions, thinly sliced.
- Get of Rapeseed oil.
- You need of Salt and black Pepper.
- Get of To serve:.
- Use 100 g of Plain Yoghurt.
- Take 1 tsp of Mint Sauce.
- You need of Naan Breads (I cheated and bought some!).
- Take of Chutneys, I love Lime Pickle and Aubergine Chutney.
Steps to make Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou:
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. When the oil is hot add the Cumin seeds, Nigella seeds, Cinnamon stick, Cardamom pods and Yellow mustard seeds. Stir and allow spices to release their fragrance for about 30 seconds. They will start to pop!.
- Add the onions and fry until a deep golden brown and caramelised. Add the crushed Garlic and cook gently for a minute. Stir occasionally to prevent the Garlic from browning..
- Add the ground spices, stir, then add the Plum Tomatoes and break them up into pieces..
- Add the drained Chickpeas, give them a good stir to coat in all of the spices and tomatoes. Add about half a tin of water to loosen. Bring to the boil, cover and then turn down to a simmer for about 15 minutes. Check every now and then to make sure the Chickpeas don't dry out. Add a splash more water if needed..
- Once the curry is a lovely thick, saucy consistency check the seasoning and add some salt and black pepper to taste. Then add the spinach, give it a good stir and cook for a few minutes. If using fresh Spinach allow it to just wilt and then serve..
- Serve with your favourite Naan breads, Chapatis or rice with a serving of Mint Yoghurt (blend the Yoghurt and Mint Sauce together) and some lovely chutneys. I love Aubergine Chutney and Lime Pickle..
- A lovey addition is a few crispy onions. Finely sliced onion, squeezed dry in kitchen paper and then deep-fried in hot Rapeseed oil for a few.
- Minutes, until crisp and golden brown and then drained on Kitchen paper to blot off the excess oil. I often make a batch to keep in the ‘fridge to top various meals and add extra crunch and Umami flavour..
If you find this Chickpea and Spinach Curry #newyearnewyou recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.