Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, however, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe. To cook lentil & vegetable coconut curry you need 26 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lentil & vegetable coconut curry:
- Provide 500 g of butternut squash cubes.
- Provide 1 cup of red lentils.
- Provide 1 of red pepper.
- Take 1 of large onion.
- Prepare Half of bag washed spinach leaves.
- Prepare of Thumb size piece of ginger.
- Prepare 2 of large cloves garlic.
- Prepare 2 of chillis.
- Take 1 tbspn of crunchy peanut butter.
- Provide 3 cups of water.
- Provide 3/4 tin of coconut milk.
- Take 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground lemongrass.
- You need of Fresh coriander.
- Use 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- Take 1 of lime juice.
- Provide of Olive oil.
- Use of Garnish.
- Provide of Spring onions.
- Get of Sesame seeds.
- Use of Poppy seeds.
- Get of Chilli.
- Get of Fresh coriander.
Instructions to make Lentil & vegetable coconut curry:
- Fry diced onion in olive oil and then add ginger, garlic and chilli. Then add the spices & lemongrass before adding the butternut squash and red pepper chunks. Add crunchy peanut butter and mix into veg, then add red lentils and stir well. Then add stock cube and water and bring to boil. Then turn down to a simmer and add coconut milk. Season well with lime juice and salt (I used at least 1 tbspn to taste) and a smaller amount of pepper..
- Now simmer with the lid on for about 60/90 mins. Add more water throughout if needed and keep storing so it doesn’t stick. Spinach leaves can be thrown in towards the end of cooking. To garnish I use spring onions, fresh coriander, chilli, poppy seeds and sesame seeds..
If you find this Lentil & vegetable coconut curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.