Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out some small changes.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically alter your eating habits. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will likely discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds get accustomed to the change. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry chicken – caribbean style recipe. To make curry chicken – caribbean style you only need 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style:
- Take 4 lbs of chicken (thighs and legs skin off).
- Provide 4 of medium size potatoes roughly chopped.
- Use 3-4 tbsp of veggie oil.
- Prepare 1/2 c of water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves diced.
- Provide 1 of medium onion (diced).
- Provide 1 of large tomato.
- Get 3 of scallions chopped.
- Use 3 sticks of fresh thyme.
- Get 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 3 tbsp of Amchar Massala (I use Chief brand).
- Use 4 tbsp of curry powder (I use Blue Mountain Jamaican Hot).
- You need 1 of scotch bonnet (a.ka. Jamaican Pepper).
Instructions to make Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style:
- In a large mixing bowl combine your chicken, 1/2 your chopped onion, fresh thyme, chopped scallions, salt, pepper, tomato, ketchup, amchar massala and your chopped up scotch bonnet..
- Mix ingredients in the bowl by hand thoroughly and then cover. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours and let marinate..
- Place your large Dutch pot on the stove and turn heat on high and let pot hot..
- Lower the heat to medium and add your veggie oil and the rest of the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes (be careful not to let your garlic burn).
- Add your curry powder and stir for an additional 3 minutes to cook the raw curry taste..
- Add 1/4 cup of water and continue to stir. You should notice that the liquid in the pot is cooked off and the curry is forming somewhat like a paste..
- Begin adding your marinated chicken. Turn the heat up to medium high..
- Stir the chicken to coat the pieces with the curry..
- Place the lid on the pot for about 15-20 minutes. About 8 minutes in, check and stir the chicken. Recover with lid and let cook for the remainder 15-20 minutes..
- After the 15-20 minutes add your potatoes and the rest of the water. Turn your heat up to high and bring to a boil. Place the lid half way on to cook off some of the liquid..
- Chicken curry is done when meat begins to fall off the bone and a nice gravey forms. Note – you can add more water if needed for gravey..
- Serve with a side of rice and a wedge cornbread. Enjoy…….
If you find this Curry Chicken – Caribbean Style recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.