Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. People typically assume that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style fish curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe. To make kerala style fish curry using green mangoes or kodampuli you only need 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli:
- Provide 10 – 12 1 inchs of King Fish thick pieces of (or King Mackerel).
- You need 3 cups of coconut milk *.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of chopped ginger thinly.
- Get 3 of green chillies small slit length-wise.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of red chilli powder (1 tsp for mild, 3 tsp for extra hot).
- Provide 2 tsp of salt of (or a little more as per taste).
- Get 1 of 1 cup inch of mango cube raw/green pieces.
- Get of (or 3 small pieces of kodampuli).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red onions shallots finely chopped or.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Use 1 sprig of curry leaves of.
Instructions to make Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli:
- Method:Take a medium size cooking pot (I use earthen pot since that's what's used traditionally in Kerala and this imparts a nice smoky flavor to the fish curry). But you could use any stainless steel or non stick pot. Add the cleaned pieces of fish into the pot(make sure to drain any water used for cleaning). Next add the green chillies and the ginger. then add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Next add the cut raw mangoes (or the kodampuli that has been soaked in a tbsp of….
- Place the pot on the stove on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes till you see the coconut milk bubbling. Immediately put the burner on low simmer and cover the pot with a lid. Cook covered for about 20 minutes swirling the pot gently every 5 minutes or so in order to prevent the fish from sticking to the pot. Next open the lid and let the curry simmer for about 2 minutes in the open until you get the gravy to a thick consistency..
- Finally take one tablespoon of coconut oil in a tadka pan and heat the oil for about 30 seconds. Then add the chopped onions and saute till golden brown. Add the curry leaves with its stem. Pour all the coconut oil and the onions and curry leaves into the fish pot. Your fish curry is ready. Enjoy with rice and pappadam..
- For getting coconut milk:.
- 2 cups of fresh grated coconut or (frozen grated coconut that has been thawed).
- 2 cups plus 1 cup of warm water.
- Take the 2 cups of fresh grated coconut (or thawed frozen grated coconut) and add to a blender along with 2 cups of warm water. Blend for about 1-2 minutes. Then strain using a large strainer directly into the pot with the fish. Next take the coconut from the strainer and again add to the blender with another 1 cup of warm water. Blend it again for about 1 minute and strain this milk into the pot so you will have approximately 3 cups of coconut milk..
If you find this Kerala Style Fish Curry using green mangoes or kodampuli recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.