Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that provide You Energy.
We are very mindful that eating healthy snacks can help us feel better within our bodies. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A little bit of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is a snack many people neglect. The truth is, many individuals will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we don’t recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a wonderful snack, nevertheless. Along with calcium, it really is a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is simple for the human body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help normalize your digestive system. Fast hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent way to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You don’t have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to best chicken and chickpea curry recipe. To make best chicken and chickpea curry you only need 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Prepare 3 of large chicken breasts, cut into large chunks.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thick yoghurt – we use Fage 5% greek.
- Prepare 2 of heaped tsp cumin.
- Take 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare Half of tsp mild chilli powder.
- Take 3 tbsp of olive or coconut oil.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves,finely chopped.
- Get 1 inch of piece of root ginger (or use a heaped tsp frozen ginger), finely chopped or grated.
- Provide 2 of extra tsp cumin and turmeric.
- Use 8-10 of new potatoes, skins on, pre-cooked – we were using some leftovers!.
- Use 400 g of tin coconut milk (you could use light but we prefer regular full-fat!).
- Prepare 210 g of tin chickpeas.
- You need 150 g of fresh spinach.
- Get 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
Steps to make Best chicken and chickpea curry:
- Add the spices (cumin, garam masala, turmeric and chilli powder) to a bowl with 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Add 2 tbsp of greek yoghurt and stir well. Add the chicken to the bowl and coat with the spice mixture. Cover and put in the fridge and marinade for as long as you can – we often forget to do it overnight but this produces the best results. If not, marinade as soon as you remember, even for an hour before cooking..
- To start cooking, heat the 1 tbsp of oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry for 5 minutes until softened. Add 1 tsp of extra cumin and turmeric and stir for a minte or so..
- In a bowl, add the remaining cumin and garam masala to 1 tbsp of oil and mix. Tip in the cooked potatoes and stir well until coated..
- In a smaller non-stick pan, fry the potatoes until they are crispy and golden – this should take about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Whilst your potatoes are frying, add the marinating chicken chunks with their sauce to the cooked onion mixture in your large pan. Turn up the heat so that the mixture starts to bubble, then reduce the heat to low/medium. Add half a tin of coconut milk and cook for approx 15 minutes or until sauce starts to thicken and the chicken is cooked. If the sauce starts to thicken too much, add more coconut milk, a little at a time..
- Add 1 tbsp of tomato puree and a small tin of drained chickpeas. Stir well, adding the fresh spinach and stir again. Cover and cook for 5 minutes..
- Now add the crispy potatoes and cook for a final 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper and serve with basmati brown rice or poppodums and naan if you prefer. You can also serve the potatoes separately as I did for my children as they love the crispiness!!.
If you find this Best chicken and chickpea curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.