Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Jamaican Jerk/Curry Oxtails recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jamaican Jerk/Curry Oxtails recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican Jerk/Curry Oxtails recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making several modest changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your shopping cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A good healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Mix in fruits or spices to enhance the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican jerk/curry oxtails recipe. You can cook jamaican jerk/curry oxtails using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Jamaican Jerk/Curry Oxtails:
- Take 1 of Oxtails.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of (Lawry's) season salt.
- You need dash of crushed red peppers.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cilantro leaves.
- Get dash of cayenne peppers.
- Take tsp of jerk/curry season (dry).
- Use tsp of hot jamaican jerk season.
- Get tsp of mild sweet chili sauce.
- Get 1 cup of onion diced.
- Provide 1 cup of red pepper diced.
- Get 1 cup of green pepper.
- Provide tbsp of Lea &Perrins Worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to make Jamaican Jerk/Curry Oxtails:
- Trim fat from Oxtails, season with hands, rubbing and tossing each piece with the following: black pepper, (Lawry's) season salt, crushed red peppers, canned diced tomatoes, teaspoon cilantro, cayenne pepper, teaspoon jerk/curry season (dry), teaspoon hot Jamaican jerk season, teaspoon mild sweet chili sauce,1 cup diced onion, red and green peppers, 2 tablespoon Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce. Marinate 2 hours preferably over night..
- In an 8 to 12 quart pot, bring water, just enough to cover meat to a boil for two hours, keeping seasoned boiled water, transfer into a deep foil pan and cook in preheated oven on 375 for 4 hours or until desired tenderness..
- Slow cooking will absorb all of the flavors, being careful not to add too much Jerk and Curry season, as this can be very spicy..
- Serve Oxtails over rice, with a side of collard greens and Jamaican cornbread..
- Prep Time: 30 minutes.
- Total Cook Time: 5 to 6 hours.
If you find this Jamaican Jerk/Curry Oxtails recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.