Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Fijian Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fijian Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fijian Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that give You Power.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. If we eat more healthy meals and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A little bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthy foods for snacks between meals. Finding goodies that help us feel better and enhance our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your morning with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Eating on the run can easily be more healthy with whole fiber chips and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain options.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fijian chicken curry recipe. To make fijian chicken curry you need 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fijian Chicken Curry:
- Get 500 grams of Chicken thigh on-bone.
- You need 80 grams of Ghee.
- Prepare 1 of large Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin seeds (Jeera).
- Provide 1 tsp of Black Mustard seeds (Sarso).
- Get 2 of large cubed Potatoes.
- You need 4-5 of Fenugreek seeds.
- You need 2-3 of baby Chilis.
- You need 5-6 of fresh Curry leaves.
- Prepare 40 g of crushed Ginger.
- You need 40 g of crushed Garlic.
- Provide 2 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- You need 2 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- You need 1/2 of fresh tomato.
- Prepare of Salt to season.
- Take of Coriander to garnish.
- Prepare 350 ml of Water.
- Take of optional – Coconut milk.
Instructions to make Fijian Chicken Curry:
- In a deep pot, heat 80g og Ghee on high heat..
- After a few minutes, add the onions. Fry them until the edges begin to brown (this shohld take only a minute or two)..
- Now add the ginger and spice seeds and stir for another minute or two, until the ingredients release a fragrant aroma..
- Add the meat and the spice powders. Combine all ingredients by working the chicken around vigorously for about 3 to 5 minutes..
- As to chicken starts to cook, stir in the garlic and lower the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 10 minutes..
- Add 350ml water and bring the mixture to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, lower the heat right down, add salt if desired… I use half a tablespoon of salt.. cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes. A long slow low-temp simmer will help develop flavours and let the spices mingle :).
- Can also add a can of coconut milk or cream to thicken out the curry and make it nice n creamy, especially if the chilis sourced are a bit hot!!.
- Garnish with coriander before serving alongside roti or rice. Enjoy!.
If you find this Fijian Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.