Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Curry Pies recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Curry Pies recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Curry Pies recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our consumption of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza doesn’t make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Selecting healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to make you feel healthy. Why not try one of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people neglect. The truth is, many people will substitute a container of yogurt for a healthy lunch-something we do not recommend. Low fat yogurt makes a fantastic snack, however. Along with calcium, it is a good supplier of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is very easy for the human body to digest and, dependent on the type of culture made use of to make the yogurt youre eating, can also help manage your digestive system. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent approach to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without too much sugar.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry pies recipe. You can have chicken curry pies using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Curry Pies:
- Prepare of Chicken broth.
- Use 2 stalks of celery.
- Use 1 of carrot.
- You need 1 of onion.
- You need cube of Stock.
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- Provide 1 of egg yolk.
- Prepare of Pie Filling.
- Provide 75 g of bacon bits.
- Get 2 of leeks.
- Provide of Mixed fresh herbs fresh rosemary, thyme, marjoram).
- You need 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 cups of coconut milk.
- Prepare of Pie Crust.
- You need of Puff pastry.
- You need of Egg yolk.
Steps to make Chicken Curry Pies:
- Place washed and peeled onion, carrot and celery stalks in a large saucepan. Cover with 6 cups of water. Add stock cube. Bring to the boil..
- Add the chicken breasts and allow to simmer until chicken is cooked. This should take about 30 minutes depending on how big your chicken breasts are Once cooked allow to cool. Separate broth, keep veg and chicken.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add the cleaned and finely sliced leeks together with bacon bits Sauté for about 5 minutes until the leeks are tender..
- Add the chopped mixed herbs, the curry and gluten free flour and stir over low heat for 1 minute..
- Gradually add the coconut milk, stirring until mixture is smooth. Stir constantly over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat..
- Chop or pull apart the previously poached chicken breasts and add it to the sauce mixture, season to taste; stir gently until combined and allow to cool slightly..
- For pie with a Pastry bottom, line the pie dish with pastry and cook at 220 for 10 minutes first. Poke holes in the base before putting in oven to prevent rising..
- Once cooled spoon the mixture into a baking dish. Brush edge of pastry dish with beaten egg yolk. Top with puff pastry, crimp down the edge to seal using your fingers or by using a fork; trim and brush the top with the remaining egg yolk. Decorate with any pastry trimmings if you desire and cut 3 slits in the centre of the pie to allow the steam to exit during baking..
- Bake in a moderately hot oven (220°C/430°F) for 10 minutes then lower heat to moderate (180°C/350°F) and cook a further 20 minutes. Should the pastry begin to brown too quickly cover with a sheet of foil..
If you find this Chicken Curry Pies recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.