Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are many diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you need to completely get rid of certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will discover that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you won’t wish to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to goan prawn 🍤 curry recipe. You can have goan prawn 🍤 curry using 25 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry:
- Take of Marination.
- Provide 340 g of peeled and deveined washed prawns/shrimp.
- You need 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of coriander powder.
- Get 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare of Blending.
- Provide 1 cup of dry/fresh grated coconut 🥥.
- You need 3 of dry red chillies 🌶.
- You need 1/2 of small onion.
- Get 1/2 of small tomato 🍅.
- Get 3-5 of garlic pods.
- Get 1 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take 2/3 cup of water.
- Get of Main Procedure.
- You need 2 tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Take 1/2 of small onion (finely chopped).
- Use 1 tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Provide 1 of slit green chilli (optional).
- Provide of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 1-2 cups of Water to adjust consistency (as per your convenience).
- Use of Garnishing.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cilantro leaves (finely chopped).
Instructions to make Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry:
- Start by marinating the washed prawns/shrimp with all the ingredients mentioned for marination.
- Add all the ingredients mentioned above for blending in a blending jar and blend to a smooth paste by adding water little by little.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wide saucepan.
- Add chopped onion and 1 green chilli (optional) sauté for a minute till the onion gets translucent.
- Turn the heat to medium or low, and add the paste. Be very careful at this point, as the paste splashes.
- Let the paste cook with the onion for about a minute.
- Now add 1/4 cup of water and wait till it bubbles.
- Add salt as per taste and a tablespoon of tamarind paste.
- Cook for a minute and add the marinated prawns 🦐/shrimp.
- Add water to adjust the consistency as per your choice and cover it with a lid and let it bubble on low flame for 5 minutes (I added 1/2 cup).
- Now turn the flame to high and let it bubble for another 5 minutes without the lid on till the shrimp is fully cooked. (don’t over cook or the shrimp will become rubbery).
- Turn off the flame and garnish with chopped cilantro leaves.
- Perfect with steamed rice 🍚 Enjoy 😉👍🏻.
If you find this Goan Prawn 🍤 Curry recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.