Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chickpea Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, simply making a few small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. You can have chickpea curry using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Get 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- Prepare Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- Use 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- Provide Pinch of Cayenne,.
- Get 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- Use 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- Use 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Use of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- Take of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- Use of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.