Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Chennai Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Chennai Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chennai Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Raising Snacks.
Eating healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of nutritious foods and reduce our consumption of processed foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting treat.
Eating almonds is an excellent choice as long as you don’t have a nut allergy. As an all-in-one power booster, almonds offer many health advantages. Almonds really are a natural supply of B vitamins along with other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan that may often cause you to be sleepy. But when you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you should sleep a while. Instead, these nuts aid in reducing stress and provide a soothing feeling throughout your body. Almonds often give you a general increased sense of well-being.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Choosing to live a healthy lifestyle can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chennai fish curry recipe. To make chennai fish curry you only need 20 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Chennai Fish Curry:
- Use 1/2 kg of Fish – (I used Viral fish).
- Take 1 cup of Pearl onions.
- You need 1 cup of Big onion.
- Take 10 pods of Garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of Chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander powder.
- Take As needed of Tamarind gooseberry size.
- Take 2 of Green chillies.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Fenugreek.
- Take 1 sprig of Curry leaves.
- Take 2 of Tomatoes.
- You need 1 tsp of Jaggery.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of Coconut milk.
- Get 5 tsp of Gingerly oil.
- Prepare of For garnishing.
- Provide 1 tsp of Gingerly oil.
- Take 1 tsp of Chilli powder.
Steps to make Chennai Fish Curry:
- Chop pearl onions,garlic, green chillies to small pieces..
- Grind big onions to fine paste and keep aside..
- Grind tomatoes to puree and keep it aside..
- Heat oil in a wide kadai, add mustard and when mustard starts spluttering add fenugreek and saute for a minute..
- .Add chopped onions,garlic, green chillies,curry leaves and saute till onions turns translucent..
- Add onion paste, spice powders (chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder) and saute till raw smell leaves..
- Add tomato puree and saute till oil separates..
- Now add tamarind water and boil till raw smell of tamarind disappears..
- Add in 1 cup water, salt, jaggery and boil till the gravy thickens to required consistency..
- Add fish pieces, bring the flame to medium and boil for 5 minutes..
- If adding coconut milk, add at final stage and boil for one minute and remove from flame..
- Finally heat 1 tsp oil in a small kadai and when oil reaches hot, switch off the flame and add chilli powder.Fry once and add the chilli powder along with oil to fish gravy and mix..
- Serve hot with rice, idli, dosaand aapam too..
- Notes :Marinate fish with 1 tsp of lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder for 30 mins and wash once. By this way the smell of fish can be removed. As coconut milk gives thickness to kuzhambu I add it, you can skip it too. Step 12 is optional, but it gives nice aroma and colour to kuzhambu..
If you find this Chennai Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.