Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry (odia style) recipe. You can have fish curry (odia style) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fish Curry (Odia Style):
- Get 500 g of rohu fish(cut into round pieces).
- You need 2 of potatoes peeled & cut into pieces.
- Use 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Take 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Get 1 tsp of sugar.
Instructions to make Fish Curry (Odia Style):
- Wash the fish well and marinate with 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt..
- Heat a skillet/ frying pan with 2 tsp oil. Spread it evenly. Gently place the fish pieces and shallow fry them from both sides until golden brown on a low medium heat. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same pan fry the potato and cauliflower florets by adding 1 tsp oil for 3-4 minutes. Keep them aside..
- In another pan heat remaining oil. Add in 1 tsp sugar. When sugar starts to caramelize add chopped onion. Fry onion till brown. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds. Next add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute for a couple of minutes till oil starts to ooze out from the sides..
- Then add chopped tomato and cook till it is soft and mushy..
- Next add potato and cauliflower florets and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook till potatoes are half done..
- Now add fish, stir well and cover it again. Cook till potatoes are completely done and the curry reaches a desired consistency. Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Cover and turn off the flame..
- Serve fish curry hot with plain rice..
If you find this Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.